Cool Gear Every Skier and Snowboarder Needs
As another winter falls upon us, avid skiers and snowboarders eagerly anticipate the season’s arrival. The thought of the first morning chair, with the crisp mountain air in your face as you glare at the pristine slopes slopes below, fills the body with excitement. For us winter sports enthusiasts, every ride down the hill is an exhilarating adventure, a dance with the elements, and a thrilling opportunity to test our skills, and keep us honest.
To fully embrace the magic of the mountains and ensure a safe, comfortable, and unforgettable experience, having the right gear is paramount. Here, we’ve curated a comprehensive list of the coolest, most essential gear that every skier and snowboarder needs for an unforgettable season on the slopes.
From cutting-edge technology to tried-and-true classics, the gear below can elevate your experience to new heights. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a novice eager to take on the mountains, discover the essential tools that will make your winter escapades easier and more comfortable.
Transpack Competition Pro Gear Backpack
The Transpack Competition Pro Boot Bag easily holds all the gear you need for your next outdoor adventure. This bag is loaded with features to suit your active lifestyle.
PERFORMANCE MATERIALS – Transpack Competition Pro boot bag offers performance materials, durable zippers and hardware. Made of super tough, water resistant coated 1680 balllistic nylon and polyester ripstop.
SKI BOOT STORAGE – The pockets hold both your boots and a racer’s shin guards; An extra-large central compartment will keep your helmet, gloves, goggles and other gear all in one place.
EASY TO CARRY – This bag features contoured adjustable neoprene comfort shoulder straps and adjustable waist belt and sternum strap for comfort, weight distribution and stability; There’s tow-away compartment for shoulder straps and waist belt.
Phoozy Thermal Phone Pouch
Protect your phone against the cold draining the battery. Maintain your phone’s battery life longer under low and high temperatures with this easy to carry phone pouch.
- COLD AND HOT PROTECTION: Uses NASA spacesuit technology to reflect 90% of heat of the sun away from your device to help prevent overheating while insulating your device in cold temperatures to extend battery life up to 3X (compared to not using a PHOOZY).
- DROP AND FLOAT PROTECTION: Impactor Core 1.0 provides military-grade shock protection to protect your phone from drops up to 6 feet. Water-resistant, splash-proof design floats if dropped in the water to allow for quick, easy retrieval of your phone.
- The PHOOZY has been featured by Forbes as the “Best Ski and Snowboard Accessory’ and by CNET as ‘Best High-Tech Ski Gear of 2022.’ A must-have accessory for all winter activities.
- AS SEEN ON SHARK TANK – Award-winning PHOOZY Thermal Capsules will not interfere with cellular, Wifi, or Bluetooth signals to keep you connected and protected in every condition.
LÉ BENT Glacier Ultra Light Snow Sock
The LÉ BENT Glacier Ultra Light Snow Sock will keep your feet warm, dry and comfortable all day. Trust us, they’re Boot Test Approved.
Merino Wool Blend: Thermal regulating merino wool and bamboo rayon blend helps maintain warmth and wick moisture to keep you dry and fresh, no matter the number of days worn.
Definitive Fit System: Provides a better fit with foot molding memory stretch, strategic elastication, ventilation panels, targeted ultra-light cushioning and ankle and Achilles support.
Ultra Light Cushioning: Targeted padding on the shin to absorb impacts.
High-Performance Low Volume: An ultra-light snow sock well-suited for any adventure from fun ski days to long glacial tours.
Magnetic SnoStrip – Protective Ski & Snowboard Vehicle Mount
The Magnetic SnoStrip provides superior protection to your skis and snowboards from accidental falls and damage, while guarding your vehicle from scratches and costly paint and body repair work. A MUST HAVE for any parking lot warrior.
- Perfect solution for resting skis, snowboards, and poles against your car while you prepare for another day of shredding the slopes – or tailgating with your friends in the parking lot.
- Patented, designed and engineered in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and performance tested for maximum durability in all-weather conditions.
- No snow? No problem! Can also be used for leaning fishing rods, paddles, hiking poles, and other accessories.
Walk confidently in your ski boots and never slip again with the Skootys Claws. They keep the Ski Skootys Classic distinct curved sole that create a more natural flow with each step, while protecting ski boots from wear and tear of hard surfaces.
- SKI BOOT BOTTOM PROTECTORS – Ski Skootys skiing boot bottom protectors are comfort soles that provide protection for the bottoms of your ski boots while walking on snow, ice, and pavement.
- EXTRA TRACTION – The ski boots track grip is designed to make it easier and safer to walk in your boots on the snow, the ice, the pavement, and any other slippery area.
- ADJUSTABLE FIT – Each skooty is adjustable and will fit on most sizes of ski boots and they’re available in multiple colors.
- COMFORT FOR YOUR SOLE – Durable comfort soles have a curved design to give you a more natural heel-toe walking motion.
XCMAN Travel Boot and Shoe Dryer
Keep your boots warm and dry at home or on the go with the XMAN Travel Boot Dryer. Plug them in during your car ride to the slopes so you arrive with dry, warm boots to slip on effort free.
- Warm thermal convection air – Designed to safely dry your wet boots, shoes, gloves or clothing overnight, the warm, hot air rises naturally without over-drying or shrinking.
- Compact traveling outdoor design – Easy to carry shoe dryer that can be taken along on outdoor adventures. Great for outdoor activities such as skiing, camping, hiking, hunting – where ever you need.
- Hot air heating – Between 105 – 140 Degrees Fahrenheit free flowing. When you put your boots, shoes, gloves or helmets on the drying tubes, the airflow will build up and heat up to 145 Degrees Fahrenheit – without fear of burning or ruining your gear.
- 100/240V to 12V adapter – It can be used at home or in the car 12 V Cigarette Lighter.
- Super Quiet – The Boot dryer operates silently and will almost never bother you at night or in your car.
The Boot Horn
The Boot Horn makes putting on ski boots and snowboard boots easier. It protects your hands while replacing and removing your liners. The Boot Horn also works great for putting on cowboy boots, hiking boots, mountaineering boots, fishing waders, water ski boots, running shoes, golf shoes, roller blades, ice skates, hockey skates, motorcycle boots, military boots and more.
- EASY SLIDE MATERIAL – Makes putting your foot into ski & snowboard boots easier.
- PAIN FREE PROTECTION – Helps with old injuries to reduce pain while putting on boots.
- COMPACT – Easy to use and to stow flat or rolled in your car, pack, locker or bag.
- EDUCATIONAL – Helps parents teach kids how to properly put on and care for their boots.
- GIVING – Makes a great gift or stocking stuffer for any skier or snowboarder, fisherman or hunter – or anyone who wants to put their shoes on easier.
Leatherman Charge+ TTi
Don’t leave your ski or snowboard bag without a do-anything Leatherman Multitool. Whether you need to adjust your binding size, crank your DIN, or simply slice an apple and other tasty treats, no bag is complete without a trusty Leatherman.
- PREMIUM DESIGN – This upgraded version of the original Charge combines some of our most requested features made with premium materials and upgraded, replaceable wire cutters.
- 19 TOOLS IN 1 – Get it all done with pliers, replaceable wire cutters, wire crimper and stripper, serrated and plain knives, saw, spring-action scissors, cutting hook, bottle openers, files and more.
- THE GUARANTEE – We’re proud to stand behind every product that leaves our factory in Portland, Oregon; That’s why we offer our 25-year warranty, so you can be confident your Leatherman lasts a lifetime.
- ONE-HAND OPENING – The Charge TTi Plus only requires one hand to open and use all the tools, even the ones that aren’t accessible from the outside; Cut with confidence using its all-locking blades.
- ALWAYS ON HAND – Equipped with a pocket clip and quick-release lanyard ring, your Charge TTi Plus is always within reach and ready to work.
Backcountry Access BC Link 2.0 Radio
Stay in touch with friends and family on the hill with these two-way radios built for the mountains. The remote smart mic makes communicating with your gloves on effortless.
- Two-way radio built for resort skiing and backcountry touring.
- Rugged, waterproof construction for reliable performance.
- Rechargeable battery offers 40 hours of standby power.
- Recommended line-of-sight usable range of 6 miles.
- Max line-of-sight range of approximately 40 miles.
- Remote-style Smart Mic offers glove-friendly operation.
Cosmos Powder Baskets
Get additional support with powder basket. The large contact area prevents your ski pole from sinking into the deep snow for easy trekking and protection from yanking your shoulder.
- Universal Size to fit most standard poles with an approximate diameter of 15mm (0.59inch).
- The pole baskets are compact in size, making them easy to carry in your bag.
- Installing is a breeze, allowing you to quickly attach them when the snow is deep or whenever needed during your outdoor adventures.
- These powder baskets are made from high-quality rubber material, ensuring lightweight durability and reliable performance. These baskets are designed to withstand tough outdoor conditions and have a long life.
This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.